The last time I heard the term 'swift' was in 1987. I was 12 and thought I was pretty 'swift' with my slip-on checkered vans, knee high tube socks and short shorts. I had just stolen my brothers pink skate board... The current incarnation of 'swift' comes in the form of a classy looking black espresso grinder, currently sitting adjacent to our Marzocco Linnea at the King Street coffee house and it is pretty swift. We are in the process of giving it a test run. The Swift grinder was designed by Mark Barnett when he was working for Marzocco and it is a grinder that grinds(!), doses a pre-set number of grams and packs ground coffee at 30 pounds of pressure. The swift grinder removes the dosing and tamping inconsistencies us humans suffer with and puts the manipulation of shot extraction completely in the hands of the grind particle size (and water temp/pressure of 'spro machine, but that is book to be written, not a journal entry). With the barista using the grind to control shot pours the grinder standardizes the usual variance in dose and pack. We are still testing it and the jury is still out, but in the high volume environment of King St. I have to say that the practically zero gram waste, durability of ceramic burrs, and efficiencies are appealing. Come check it out! -rp

Views: 9

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service