Journalists love an underdog, so why then is there such a love fest for Starbucks among journalists? - it can't be the ease of filing stories and photos given their cumbersome WiFi policy. Why are we such suckers for their marketing gimicks? ... . For example the three hour shutdown for training was covered as if it where the next big storm- from front page of the NY Times to the lead on the nightly news ... Most newspapers opine from the edit page about buying local - lets live up to those words ourselves and make an effort to search out the local shop and give them our business. You'll more than likely get a better cup - contribute to the local economy - and perhaps encourage the purchase of an ad or two. Thoughts?

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

A couple of thoughts...
1. There is some admiration for anyone who can build a worldwide empire selling a freakin' cup of coffee for too much money. I had my first Starbucks in Seattle in 1975. The experience and product is still about the same.
2. Their coffee is like crack. No subtlety, it hits you over the head like a baseball bat. Sometimes that's what I need.
3. If I have the need for a better experience, especially if I'm looking for a espresso, then I always hit an indie.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service