I am new in the game of sales and would love any advice you guys may have. I am a sales rep for True Blue Coffee Roasters. I really believe in the product I sale and the company I sale for. Now that's a great start but what next. What is the best way to approach shop owners with my product? As owners, what are you looking for that would make you consider a new vendor? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!!

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

Aimee, here's my two cents since you ask. In my case I am very loyal to my roaster. They are small, attentive, very responsive. They can and have roasted on demand when I get the occasional run on my beans for retail. They created all our brewed coffee and espresso blend just for us.

SO that's the barrier you will have. You might do better with searching out the new shop. The one not yet open.
Aimee;
I've been in sales all my life. Born in 1944. Picked strawberries in a field where Disneyland in Anaheim, Califonia now resides, and sold them to my neighbors in a trailer park in the summer of 1952, I was eight years old.

Here is my basic advice for sales people: 1) Get their attention; 2) Gain their their confidence; 3) Provide a solution; 4) Ask for the money; 5) Always deliver more than you promise.

It's obivous that there are skills to be learned for each step of the process. It's not easy. In fact, being successful in sales is an extremely challenging position. However, the rewards are spectacular. And I don't mean from a monetary standpoint. Money is good. Oh yes. But, it is not everything. Providing a solution for a client is the ultimate high. Then, you get the $$$$ for doing it. What could be more rewarding?

Hugh
Thanks so much for your reply! How great to have been an entrepreneur at such a young age! All your advice is appreciated, I still have much to learn. I am fortunate that my biggest account is a wonderful couple who have been great about offering some advice also. It's a good thing I'm not scared of hard work or I might have given up a long time ago. Thanks and have a great day!

Aimee

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service