Unfortunately I am currently out of the coffee biz for now, but I try to keep my hand in it as much as possible when my work schedule allows for it.

After getting the 'early retirement plan' at my last shop, I spent the next two months looking for work. As I was going about that I would run into a former regular at least once a week in different parts of the city. And they all remembered me fondly. (they were smiling when they talked to me, I assume that means they like me) I cannot tell you how much that did for my self confidence and helped me keep going while I was still out of work. And then just today I ran into another couple (friends) and it was good to chat with them and get caught up.

While I greatly treasure these meetings as proof that I did make a lot of friends at the shop, it makes me miss the community I used to be a part of building while in the coffee world.

I hope to get back in it soon.

Any other positive stories like this? Please share.

Views: 8

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service