Here is my dilemma: if I purchase this coffee shop (800 sq. ft) which is highly affected seasonally, I have a problem with brewed coffee.
During the season (Dec-Mar) I can see no problem using airports for brewed coffee. But during low season, I see myself wasting coffee and serving a sub-par quality - which I am completely against. Anyone found solutions for low traffic season and small counter space?

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

Barbara...

Solution is fairly simple (I think) .. instead of brewing full pot, to be placed into your airports, simply brew half or quarter pots. In addition, rather than "waste" the leftover coffee, cube it and use for Iced beverage mix.

-Barry
French-press or manual pourover. In either case, just do it for them behind the bar and serve them the finished cup. If you work your process right, it will only take 3-4 minutes total... just long enough to ring them up and have a little chat. It'll be cost-effective and efficient for you, plus they get the "wow factor" of having a freshly made cup of the coffee of their choosing. Make sure you market it as the premium product that it is though - it may be the best cup they've ever had.

Good choices for manual pourover are a Chemex, Melittta, one of the porcelain cones from Sweet Marias, or Bodum Kona.
See Troy Reynard's blog post on this...
In slow season, instead of brewed coffee, you might also use your espresso machine and serve Americanos instead of drip.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service