Yo Ho!

Avast me heartys

Here be an opportunity to talk about your issues and occurances of poor quality and bad service.

What be a Pirate to do?
What can be done to increase the overall quality of coffee and custromer service?

BTW - a fun pirate transalter was found at http://www.syddware.com/cgi-bin/pirate.pl

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

I heard Jay Caragay (a Third Wave skeptic) say on the PF.NET podcast that the Third Wave folk need to get the customer service part right and get past hollaring from behind the bar something like "Large latte on the bar." But, in a high volume setting, how can you avoid that problem? I mean, practically, what can a barista do. Stop the rhythm of the bar to walk a latte over to the customer at the back of the seating area? I am not sure there is a solution to that problem other than hiring another person to "wait tables" and then you have to ask yourself why the bar was installed.

Am I being clear? Heck if I know.

Pirate Translation Services:
I heard Jay Caragay (a Third Wave skeptic) say on th' PF.NET podcast that th' Third Wave folk need t' get th' customer service part starboard an' get past hollarin' from behind th' bar somethin' like "Large latte on th' bar." But, in a high volume settin', how can ye avoid that problem? I mean, practically, what can a barista do. Avast th' rhythm o' th' bar t' keel haul a latte o'er t' th' customer at th' aft o' th' seatin' area? I be nay sure thar be a solution t' that problem other than hirin' another swabbie t' "wait tables" an' then ye be havin' t' ask yersef why th' bar be installed.
I hate getting corrected by young inexperienced barista who received poor, inadequate and improper training.
Why do I do this to myself?

Maybe it is too many hours waiting for airplanes in the wasteland of airport terminals.

BAD Coffee, OK, sorry I don't want to offend.....calling what is served coffee would be too generous. All the fast food folks were there with their shiny brewers and fancy menu's. I couldn’t get a good cup of coffee anywhere!!!

In my opinion Good coffee does not need any cream or sugar; I found myself back at the condiment bar more than once to try and rescue the brown liquid and make it palatable.

Since I will not be traveling any less, my hope is to find better coffee to make my life on the road a bit more pleasant.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service