I'm not sure if my first message went through and just want to say hi to the group and introduce myself.

I'm a full-time plus offee gal, but in my other life, I perform and produce small theater in San Francisco. I just started up my new nonprofit theater company, Triple Shot Productions. I'm constantly overlapping my worlds obviously. I'm looking forward to hearing about more artists in the coffee world.

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

Your theatre company's name definitely shows some great overlap! I'm interested to hear if you have integrated coffee and theatre to any greater extent. Are you working on any coffee specific theatre?
No, I haven't overlapped coffee and theater very directly, although I drag some coffee industry folks to my shows every once in awhile. Interestingly, though, right now a theater friend of mine (who will be in my show in April) is producing his play "Sweetie Tania: the Demon Barista of Valencia Street" in San Francisco. It's a marvelously funny little spoof of coffee culture, the San Francisco Bay area, and, of course, the musical Sweeney Todd. It closes tonight. Even more interesting, my friend doesn't even drink coffee and he could care less about my coffee career. It's a bizarre blending of my coffee, theater, and city worlds. Do you have any coffee specific scripts or know of any? It would be fun to produce something sometime. I'm really mission driven with my theater company, though, so I'm always looking for scripts that fit.
That sounds super cool! I am in the San Francisco area quite a bit. Let me know the next time you have a show running. I would love to check it out!

Joshua
I'm not familiar with any coffee specific scripts. Maybe I will have to change that and write one myself. Nearly graduated, I'm not certain how or if I will put my Theatre degree to good use. Coffee is the direction I am headed, but it sure would be nice to combine the two if possible. Even if not a combination, I think it would be great to find time for both coffee and the theatrical as it appears you have yourself. I'll for sure let you know if I ever by chance run into a script saturated with coffee related concepts...
What brings you to San Francisco regularly? My next show, Riches, with my new production company, runs throughout the month of April, so check it out if you're in town! I'll post a notice with some specifics when I'm back from El Salvador.
Best wishes,
Andi

Please forgive any small typos created by the necessity of utilizing voice dictation.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service