I'm Mike with Conscious Cup Coffee in Crystal Lake, IL. Who are you?

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

I would Mike with Intelligentsia Chicago. I think this forum is gonna rock for setting up jams kiddies!
Greetings. I'm Trevor with Moon Monkey Coffee Company in Bourbonnais, IL and it is definitely time we had a jam for our area. It's been a while.
Whats up Mike... nice shades. Which location are you at?
Agreed. Hows coffee in Bourbonnais?
Its pickin up slowly but surely Mike. Slowly but surely.
I am at our broadway location now but was splitting time with our millennium park store not so long ago. How long of a drive are you folks from the Chi?
I used to spend some time at your Broadway local when I lived in Lincoln Park about 3 years ago. Actually, My brother/partner used to live right down the road from that location when you guys just opened... One of our early influences in specialty coffee.

We're 45-60 min driving distance from the North Side. It's actually easier to take the Metra NW line right to Pingree Station... we're a block away. You thinking about a visit?
Surely is the important part... How old is the business? What's Moon Monkey's story?
Well Mike the current Moon Monkey is two years old this month. The concept began in 1999 when I came up with the name in college. After managing a coffee shop in Indianapolis for a while I moved here and began roasting coffee and selling it locally and online as Moon Monkey. That was six years ago. Now we have a shop in a two story, 100 year old victorian house. We are doing live music, small food menu, latte art, you name it. Well Mike, that's the Moon Monkey store in shell. What about the Conscious Cup? When did you have your epiphany?
Hey happy birthday Moon Monkey, you funky monkey! We turn two this January too.

Sounds like a really cool place Trevor. Are you guys roasting on site?

Conscious Cup is the culmination of a three year conversation between the family. My brother and I run the store while mom and dad criticize... A-typical mom and pop shop focused on really freaking good coffee! We've got a Primo PRI-20K right in the front window of our shop. We specialize in FTO coffees but aren't limited to certifications. I've got a staff full of geeks looking to compete in the GLRBC and the biz is plugging along nicely.
Oh and the epiphany... 3:30am at Kingston Mines in Chicago. I was listening to blues, getting blown off by a pretty girl and only really thinking about coffee. The next day I took my parents up on their offer to partner. Haven't regretted a day yet.
Ryan w/ Moon Monkey Coffee Company...Kingston Mines, great place...especially to have a life changing epiphany

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service