Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have experience with setting up organized rides, and or promoting them. Last summer I really wanted to get a group together to meet at the shop here and go for a nice ride either to another cafe, or return back to Retro Roast, I was unsuccessful in motivating any riding friends to do so. This is a demographic I would like to see more of in my shop, and the riding around here is great! Any advice is welcome or any help with a cheeky promotion. The only promo my boss has tried was $1 Malts if you ride your bike in on a monday. (Motorcycle Malt Monday Madness) Although it has great alliteration I think it did little to bring in bikers, with the exception of one local group that stopped one time. I know the bikers are out there, I am one of them, please help me bring them in!

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

I would contact some of the local clubs and shops and promote there. Maybe set it up one day a month for the summer or pick a day of the week. So if someone has time and is thinking of it, they will feel confident they have the right day. There are some great river runs in the area. I would also ask my mom for advice.... jk signed, Terri in Maple Plain.
Hey Justin,

I'm contemplating the same thing up here in Anchortown. My slant would be to have a Ducati riding group that meets at a well known "Indie" coffeehouse at some sort of regular interval. Since the weather is a major issue for rides, I'm still thinking about how often and at what time the meeting should be. I would also welcome any Ducati friends as well, because I wouldn't want to exclude anyone from the rides. But I would definitely call the group some sort of Ducati name in order to attract the Ducs. My initial thoughts are to get the word out, probably by posting flyers at dealers, service sites, motorcycle accessory shops, etc., as well as at the coffee house locations. The riders would trickle in at thier leisure, enjoy a doppio... or whatever, and then agree on a ride that leaves at a specified time. Riders could peel off at the end, or finish the ride at the coffee location or at some other agreed upon location. As for future rides, a web page could be used for ride suggestions and also for ride announcements.

I dunno. Just something I've been kicking around in my head for years. Is this pretty much what you were thinking of? Gimme your thoughts!

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service