I manage a cafe for a company who have 10 sites in Melbourne.
We hire the occasional traveller, but it would be great to organise Baristas in advance with an exchange. It would be a great way for Baristas to see the world, experience different coffee cultures, techniques and processes, and earn some travel money along the way.

Thoughts?

Views: 49

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Simon,

As I already told you, I`ll love to visit Australia just to experience your coffee culture.... are you planning to accomodate any international guests?

Best regars,
Federico
Natasha & Fede,

The company I work for is interested in an exchange, or at least offering employment for traveling Baristas in Melbourne.
The company has 10 sites in and around the city of Melbourne. The company would not provide accommodation, and it would be up to the Barista to obtain the appropriate work permit/visa. However, the company may be willing to assist with work permits/visas, but this is something that would need to discussed with the company's directors.
There is plenty of cheap accommodation for backpackers in Melbourne, and there may be scope for our company's staff being able to offer cheap (maybe free) accommodation to traveling Baristas. I'm more than willing to circulate, within our company, accommodation requests from traveling Baristas.
Simon,

Thanks for your prompt response. I sent you an email to your Baristas Exchange`s email.

Regards,
Federico
Thanks Fede. I got the message.

Regards,
Simon.
This sounds great, I have friends down under, I would be glad to do an exchange with Australia.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service