Can someone tell why I'm not getting a dry puck when I make espresso. I'm gettting a very wet puck which does not stick together.

Views: 81

Replies to This Discussion

Assuming your machine is set properly running a shot too long, overtamping, and incorrect grind size can affect the puck. Pretty much the water is unable to pass through and your puck has too much resistance.
Actully, I was running a short shot. I twitch with the grinder this weekend and my shots are getting longer.
When i say long i mean timewise not volume btw.
What kind of grinder are you using? What Dose(s)? Could be too low of a dose with too fine a grind. Or depending on the grinder the grind could be too uniform not enough fines and corse. I have this problem with the Search mod Anfim at certain doses. Hopefully this is helpful.
I know one problem my shop has is that the grinding burrs haven't been changed in ages (due to the previous owner not caring enough) You might try seeing how long it's been since you last changed them. If they're too old and dull, they smash the beans, so when you pull the shot it causes the small grounds to float to the top, and the large grounds to sink.
I have noticed that my pucks age getting stickier, and adhering to the group after extraction, I hadn't considered changing burrs, but now that I stop & think, it has been a few months since last swap. Thank you Erin!!
Andrew R. Tucker said:
I have noticed that my pucks are getting stickier, and adhering to the group after extraction, I hadn't considered changing burrs, but now that I stop & think, it has been a few months since last swap. Thank you Erin!!

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service