I'm going for my first comp this year following the great experience of working the bar at a trade show and getting that wonderful feeling of community! Where do we start our prep? What are the key things that differentiate a competition champ from a good Barista? Who's gonna lend me a La Spaziale for the next nine months???

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in the same boat. If any one could lend a hand...
I agree with Brent. One should be familier with the competition before entering. Baristas who have not attended a single competition usually to not preform well thier first try.

Talk with other competitors to get thier opinion on being on stage and timing, but most importantly read the rules and regulations for both the competitors and judges. Remember this is a competition about coffee - it your not bringing your best espresso and cappuccinoes and signature drinks than the best customer service will not save you.

Practice, practice, practice - you should be as comfortable on stage as you are working a shift. We are not looking for Barista actors, but elite barista who have grace under pressure, make amazing drinks, and show great technical mastery of the grind-dose-tamp process.
thanks for this - have now downloaded judges regs which is already providing an insight into what I've watched live and on zacharyzachary!

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service