OK...I am going to be cupping on Monday and Tuesday at the morning cupping. Maybe Wednesday, too but in the afternoon. Who's gonna be around?

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

Had the new El Salvador Los Planas (sp?) and a new Kenyan on the table. Along with the Colombia Finca Beunos Aires, Muganza, and Muyongwe. That Muganza is amazing. I had a cup of it afterwards and it had a kinda veggie soup broth thing going on. The Earl Grey that I usually get when cupping it started to show up toward the end of the cup. The new Kenyan is super citrusy and the Los Planas has a killer acidity. Good coffees.
The Los Planes and the new Kenyan were on the table again. I like the Kenyan but I'm really not feeling the Los Planes. It just seemed kinda dirty and not very developed. Jim suggested that maybe yesterday's was roasted a little darker for a more fully developed cup. I did like yesterday's better. It would probably make a good "transistion coffee" for people that like a more "full-bodied and bold" coffee to a more nuanced one. We also had the two Rwandans from yesterday and four Colombians. Two for wholesale and two for Stumptown cafes...all really good.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service