Thought it might be interesting to see what everyone drinks, or is drinking at the moment...

This is my fridge inventory (running low):

Homebrew English ESB (Extra Special Bitters)
Budweiser American Ale
Sam Adams Winter Lager
Michelob Pale Ale

Views: 218

Replies to This Discussion

Man, I got this bottle of Sottish beer the other day, $13 for 12oz, I had to do it. Old Dubh, it is aged in 30yr scotch barrels. Unlike any beer I have ever had. I have had oaked beers, lots of em. But nothing even comes close to this, it was almost espresso consistancy, and f-in delicious. I'm not buying another one though, I have bills to pay.

Also, a hometown plug. IF you get the chance try an Ithaca Brewing Co. beer. They are all good, Cascazill is an award winnin, hoppy as hell, red ale. Thay have an oaked nut brown, smoked proter, and a whole series of 750ml bottles that are all woth the $13 or so. Check it out!

Bry, have you tried the Midas yet? IT was a bit off for me, and I love D-fish. I went there last spring I higly reccomend visiting.
I thought Midas was right on when I tried it. Fantastic. I actually thought it had really good balance of sweetness, bitterness, and the grape (of course) and I went into it thinking it was going to be way too sweet. As a brewery, though, as much as I love their beers when they are on, I have to say, I tend to get a lot of "bad bottles" from Darkhorse. Even so, their good ones are worth a bad one here and there.

Also, not at all impressed with Avery: Karma. Reminded me of American Ale, but at $4 a bottle... hmm.

-bry

Jesse -D-> said:
Man, I got this bottle of Sottish beer the other day, $13 for 12oz, I had to do it. Old Dubh, it is aged in 30yr scotch barrels. Unlike any beer I have ever had. I have had oaked beers, lots of em. But nothing even comes close to this, it was almost espresso consistancy, and f-in delicious. I'm not buying another one though, I have bills to pay.

Also, a hometown plug. IF you get the chance try an Ithaca Brewing Co. beer. They are all good, Cascazill is an award winnin, hoppy as hell, red ale. Thay have an oaked nut brown, smoked proter, and a whole series of 750ml bottles that are all woth the $13 or so. Check it out!

Bry, have you tried the Midas yet? IT was a bit off for me, and I love D-fish. I went there last spring I higly reccomend visiting.
Bells Hopslam (just 2 bottles, "bootlegged" from Illinois)
Boulevard Single Wide IPA (at 5.99 per 6pk a great deal)
Founders Red Rye IPA (also bootlegged)
Founders Double Trouble Double IPA

YAY for HOPS!
Amen on that! I've been so into super hoppy beers lately.

Recent additions:
-Stone IPA: A good solid middle of the road IPA.
-Founder's Red Rye: Woot! Like a party in your mouth.
-Bell's Third Coast (Lager): I typically don't like lagers, but I didn't mind this one.
-Dogfish Head: 90 Minute IPA. Wow, and I thought I liked the 60 minute. Sooo, good.

We got another one in... I can't remember now what it was.

Hopslam and Crooked Tree should go on tap at some point this week. Whoo hoo!

-bry

Kevin Ayers said:
Bells Hopslam (just 2 bottles, "bootlegged" from Illinois)
Boulevard Single Wide IPA (at 5.99 per 6pk a great deal)
Founders Red Rye IPA (also bootlegged)
Founders Double Trouble Double IPA

YAY for HOPS!
Long time no post on this thread... should I just let the zombie die?

Probably not...

We got New Holland's Dragon's Milk on tap... oh man. Even at $8 a pint it seems like a steal.

Also... summer always reminds me how much I really don't like wheat beers, haha.

-bry
I agree, let's not let the thread die! I hear you about the wheat beers, definately not my favorite. As far as my fridge goes...Sam Adams Boston Ale (not impressed) and Sam Adams Black Lager (very good, kinda like a half-porter lager, interesting and delicious).

Bryan Wray said:
Long time no post on this thread... should I just let the zombie die?

Probably not...

We got New Holland's Dragon's Milk on tap... oh man. Even at $8 a pint it seems like a steal.

Also... summer always reminds me how much I really don't like wheat beers, haha.

-bry
Hell no! No rest for this zombie. Glad to be reminded that it exists.

Can I third the lack of love for the wheat beer? Give me a nice mellow pale ale (I love Sierra in midsummer), and save that @#$% fruit for the mixed drinks!

Right now, I have a couple of Brooklyn Brown (my favorite brown) and a bomber of New Belgium's 1554. I like the black lagers and this is similar.

Regarding the altbier discussion, as I recall it is basically a German beer made with ale yeast (like an English ale) "in the old style". I personally like this style lots - seems to combine my favorite aspects of English and German beers. I have aged barleywines, imperial stouts, and bocks (as well as still hard ciders)... as long as they had a higher alcohol content and were bottled with the intention of being aged (we'd use "Oxycaps" to battle oxidation) AND had lots of flavor they'd do well. It was fun to observe the gradual marrying and mellowing of flavors over time. Looking forward to seeing the results of your aging experiment.
Phillips IPA
Ambrose Apricot Ale (for my wife)
Tree Brewing Hop Head
Deaf Frog
Hey Brady... what was in that keg at the Counter Culture party? The super hoppy one in the keg downstairs, not in the one upstairs... Do you remember?

Oh, BTW: Short's Huma Lumpa Licious is actually quite gross, not so "licious" at all. Oberon release day was like a month ago... that's always good times here in Kalamazoo. We've got that on tap now too, but it's kind of like having eggnog at Christmas. Some people are crazy about it, some people hate it, but it seems like everybody has to have at least one while it's in season. I would be a hater who has to have at least one.

-bry
Bryan Wray said:
Hey Brady... what was in that keg at the Counter Culture party? The super hoppy one in the keg downstairs, not in the one upstairs... Do you remember?

Oh, BTW: Short's Huma Lumpa Licious is actually quite gross, not so "licious" at all. Oberon release day was like a month ago... that's always good times here in Kalamazoo. We've got that on tap now too, but it's kind of like having eggnog at Christmas. Some people are crazy about it, some people hate it, but it seems like everybody has to have at least one while it's in season. I would be a hater who has to have at least one.

-bry

Had to make a call to check this... the one with the fully-functioning tap that I was parked next to for about an hour was the Victory Hop Wallop. Good beer if you really like hops. I go through hop phases... but am not in one at the moment.
Brady said:
Bryan Wray said:

-bry

Had to make a call to check this... the one with the fully-functioning tap that I was parked next to for about an hour was the Victory Hop Wallop. Good beer if you really like hops. I go through hop phases... but am not in one at the moment.

Thanks man. We have Golden Monkey from Victory in house right now. I'm not too crazy about it. I'm also not in a hop mood right now.

I had a Arcadia Nut Brown yesterday. Pretty tasty. I had forgotten I like that one.

-bry
Ohh man so glad i found this group/thread.....I love whats going on here.

I came home late last night from a business trip to find my roommate stocked the fridge with Seirra Nevada's Kellerweis. It's their newest spring seasonal. I'm a typically big hoppy ale fan and dont care much for wheats, but this one is definitely a Hefeweizen worth checking out.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service