I'm looking for a POS program for my coffee house.

Views: 4630

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Based on quality of build (programming), ease of use, and quality of support, I would recommend SelbySoft as a superior choice. I looked at both six years ago when we were opening and it wasn't even close. And six years later, I still stand by my choice. Not the flashy choice. Just the right one.
John,
Now, you wouldn't be just a tad bit bios would you? In other words, have you used both side by side yet?
Joe

John P said:
Based on quality of build (programming), ease of use, and quality of support, I would recommend SelbySoft as a superior choice. I looked at both six years ago when we were opening and it wasn't even close. And six years later, I still stand by my choice. Not the flashy choice. Just the right one.
I'm interesting in hearing how the sales reports and inventory reports export to quickbooks. Do any of these pos systems export timecard hours into quickbooks?

Thanks for the info!

*K
Coffee Shop Manager does export to Quickbooks. I do not believe the version I have handles employee time cards/management thru quickbooks. Give them a call. Support was good and I believe still is, especially for new or possible new accounts.
Joe

Southeast Grind said:
I'm interesting in hearing how the sales reports and inventory reports export to quickbooks. Do any of these pos systems export timecard hours into quickbooks?

Thanks for the info!

*K
I use selby soft it does export to quickbooks. Also the customer service is outstanding!!! They stand behind their soft ware and also the hardware when needed. I am on the east coast for a while i was having a problem with my gift cards they would not go thru. I was open at 6 am so it was 3 am on the west coast they answered the phone everyday between 3 and 4 in the morning to make sure iI could proccess my cards. Great company great support
*K,
Before you invest in any "Pro" POS system do plenty of research. By that I mean, keep doing what your doing talk to as many end users as you can before you jump and spend a bunch of $. I paid 5K. You can spend less and I believe you can spend more. Check all factors especially customer support. Like Kathy said above, if you live on one coast and the company is on the other, you need to know if they will respond 24/7. Annual support for this customer support is not cheap. Close to or right at 500/yr. for the sys. I have.
Joseph
Of course I am biased. Just as everyone using CSM would be. I've tested both, I know from a programming level how they are constructed, and it's just not the same. Now there are a few POS out there that I believe are better than both, and at substantially less.... however you will have no support, tech or otherwise... Yes, I wish the licensing fees were lower for continuing customers (hint hint) but, as a package, I'll take SelbySoft over the competition.

Joseph Robertson said:
John,
Now, you wouldn't be just a tad bit bios would you? In other words, have you used both side by side yet?
Joe

John P said:
Thanks for the response. Those are the two that I am deciding between- Selby Soft or CSM. I live on the west coast so that may be a deciding factor but my café is open 24 hours so full 24 hour support may just not be an option.

Cheers!
I have CSM for my shop. I was able to get a used system, so that saved me some money, but it was still expensive. Honestly, they are all ridiculously expensive, for what you get. Having been a software developer for 12 years, in a past profession, every POS I looked at was pretty pathetic. But like I said, I found a CSM system used via eBay, was able to get proper support from the company, and have a functioning POS.

I hear the next version will be substantially better. That would be nice.
we for my part we are using openbravo pos witch is a free programme very very complete! i got 3 printer setup to it , one for the barista one for the sandwich and soup and the other one to the cash. so far it is very good , the setup was a bit complicated since it is a opensource software but i higly recomande it if you can deal with the programing.
Hey John - I did read this :)

I really try to stay out of these discussions as I am biased but had to comment!

John P said:
Of course I am biased. Just as everyone using CSM would be. I've tested both, I know from a programming level how they are constructed, and it's just not the same. Now there are a few POS out there that I believe are better than both, and at substantially less.... however you will have no support, tech or otherwise... Yes, I wish the licensing fees were lower for continuing customers (hint hint) but, as a package, I'll take SelbySoft over the competition.

Joseph Robertson said:
John,
Joe

John P said:
If your running 24hrs a day you may need 24/7 support more than most.
Joe

Southeast Grind said:
Thanks for the response. Those are the two that I am deciding between- Selby Soft or CSM. I live on the west coast so that may be a deciding factor but my café is open 24 hours so full 24 hour support may just not be an option.

Cheers!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service