Hi all,
I was wondering if I could get a few opinions about the cleaning regimen of a two group Astoria in a low to mid volume shop.  My employer maintains that the group heads must be entirely disassembled and soaked in Cafiza every night.  We make maybe 75 espresso drinks a day.  I suggested that regular backflushing and scrubbing would suffice (especially more than ONCE a day) and this got me in big trouble.  I worry for the screws and brass dispersion plate.  Any input?

Views: 1333

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Daniel King Pizzutti said:
I agree 100% Brady, although the only Pallo brush I've seen, the scoop is less then a dime(just about right). Maybe they had older models?

Oh, now that you mention it I guess you are right, the scooper is about the same diameter of a dime. What I meant is that you dump as much powder into the blind as will spread to about the diameter of a dime. If you dump the Pallo scoop it spreads to a much bigger circle... a quarter at least.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service