Hey, I wanted to share about an incident that happened last week. Lately there have been a rash of robberies and hold- ups in our area. I have had my concealed carry for quite a few years now and hoped I would never have to use it.... Here is the proof that being proactive, aware and not ashamed to defend myself paid off. I hope that this story inspires more people to stand up and refuse to be a victim or risk becoming a statistic..

http://www.khq.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&am...'A barista foils robbery with Christmas pistol&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marshall,
Her life was already at risk.

Marshall Fuss said:
Congratulations, Michelle. But, I hope people realize that you were only putting your own life at risk here. This could have turned out very differently in a busy coffee shop.

And Joseph, that "young man" was a criminal. You can't always rely on being able to reason with criminals. For you and I, that would be our main defense however, because I'm with you on not wanting to keep a gun in a shop. I wouldn't want the responsibility that having a ccw entails. But by questioning a victim like this, as society often does, it puts blame where it doesn't belong. Michelle responded to the situation at hand with decision and control; there's no need to make her think twice about whether she did the right thing.
Just to clarify a few things.... Marshall. I was alone. It is a drive thru and I am the only person there. There were not any other customers in harms way either.
Teresa. In the great state of Idaho you do not have to have a CCW to keep a weapon in your place of business as long as it is a privately owned busines and your boss and company do not object. Thanks for your positivity and support.
Whether or not people agree with my actions, I upheld the law when threatened by a criminal. Take it as you may! I did not try to reason with him I simply used common negotiating tactics to stall him.

teresa said:
Marshall,
Her life was already at risk.

Marshall Fuss said:
Congratulations, Michelle. But, I hope people realize that you were only putting your own life at risk here. This could have turned out very differently in a busy coffee shop.

And Joseph, that "young man" was a criminal. You can't always rely on being able to reason with criminals. For you and I, that would be our main defense however, because I'm with you on not wanting to keep a gun in a shop. I wouldn't want the responsibility that having a ccw entails. But by questioning a victim like this, as society often does, it puts blame where it doesn't belong. Michelle responded to the situation at hand with decision and control; there's no need to make her think twice about whether she did the right thing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service