As we are looking at remodeling our packaging we are looking at different wholesale suppliers.  

We stock 12oz, 2lb and 5lb bags.

Requirements for our packaging:

- Foil

-Side seal (not back)

-Gusseted Bags

-"Natural Kraft" for the finish.  

We do not need quad seal or zip top.

If you know of or are a wholesale supplier that carries bags meeting these requirements we would love to hear about pricing.

Thanks guys,

-bry

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Pacific Bag stock bags have a center seam on the back. We are testing the seam off to the side, known as offset back seam. In the past this offset seam did not perform as well in drop tests as the center seam, especially on 2and 5lb bags. For that reason, we stayed with center seam across the line, and this may change - we are testing the offset this quarter. Some of the comments here indicate we should change ASAP.

Our biggest concerns are always bag quality, colors, product in stock and customer service.

Mark

CEO 

Mark, hi!  I missed you while you were in Costa Rica.  I hope you do go to side seal, that will make your product perfect.

Aremi solved the shipping issue for me so we are going to go back pretty soon.

Tks,

Matias

Matias,

we will have to meet next time i get in town.....hope to be there in may.

mark

http://wwwflairpackaging.com/coffee-packaging-page-49.html

They have some nice stock bags!

yes, definitely, May is an off month, it will be easy.  the problem this time was that i was at the farm, in the middle of the harvest, and hosting a couple of canadian writers...too complicated.

Mark Howley said:

Matias,

we will have to meet next time i get in town.....hope to be there in may.

mark

Mark, we're with you guys now and I have no reason to change except that we have a front and back label, and I don't want to label over a seam.

If you need testing of any sort, we'd be down for that.

Eagerly awaiting an offset seal.  (We're getting close to a couple more cases, wink wink hint hint).

-bry

Also, as we bag all of our own coffee, we don't drop the bags :)  Be more than willing to have some of those undroppable old offset back seals, haha.

-bry

Mark Howley said:

The Pacific Bag stock bags have a center seam on the back. We are testing the seam off to the side, known as offset back seam. In the past this offset seam did not perform as well in drop tests as the center seam, especially on 2and 5lb bags. For that reason, we stayed with center seam across the line, and this may change - we are testing the offset this quarter. Some of the comments here indicate we should change ASAP.

Our biggest concerns are always bag quality, colors, product in stock and customer service.

Mark

CEO 

Bryan,
You will be part of the new side seam sample group sent to. The older trials involved drop tests to meet ups requirements from several customers. ups manages to man handle bags and the tests showed more issues with failures.
I presume you do not drop bags,but it seems some carriers do.
Anyway, the side seam has merit...........more as we progress.
Hope to meet you, or possibly we did at one of the shows -hectic events for all of us.
Adios......
Mark

Eh, I was up there at Seattle's CF, not Chicago and also at NWRBC, not that that's a booth sort of event, but you know.  Agreed on the hectic, I rarely remember who I talk to at trade shows unless I end up with a business card in my S.W.A.G. bag.

Forgot we ship... that makes sense. Duh.  And yes, I know the glories that are UPS.  Their care is often unmatched, wouldn't you say? ;)

-bry

Definitely North Atlantic. Ask for Ellyn. She's been our rep for about 12 years and we couldn't be happier!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service