Alright so forgive me if this topic has already been started but, what are the three weirdest/coolest things someone has dropped into your tip cup? For me it was

1.Chuck E Cheese token
2.$100
3. A small coin shaped piece of metal which had the outline of an angel on top. Above the angel it said "a guardian angel, sent to watch over you"

Views: 586

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cadbury egg.
wow. people are nice at your shop.
jeez.
Bryan Wray said:
1. Wind up plastic sushi
2. $100
3. Key and a note that said, "Bike is locked up outside, sorry to hear about your car." For a barista who's car had just broken down, but lived close enough to bike.
4. Lots of different CD's from local artists.
5. All sorts of candy... usually kinds I have never heard of before that are organic of vegan or something abnormal
6. We used to have someone put a religious tract in the tip jar EVERY SINGLE DAY. We finally asked the person to please stop and explained that at that point we had received enough for every barista to get at least 5 each and that we had started just throwing them away... BTW... I went to this person's church!
7. A "full" punch card from our shop... haha, as if we needed the free drink??
-bry
A flavored cigar on New Years Eve (which tasted like pixie stix, no bueno).
A condom.
A free movie pass.

Okies aren't known for being creative, I suppose.
Not all from the same shop... different shops... but yeah, still.

-bry

Bre said:
wow. people are nice at your shop.
jeez.
Bryan Wray said:
1. Wind up plastic sushi
2. $100
3. Key and a note that said, "Bike is locked up outside, sorry to hear about your car." For a barista who's car had just broken down, but lived close enough to bike.
4. Lots of different CD's from local artists.
5. All sorts of candy... usually kinds I have never heard of before that are organic of vegan or something abnormal
6. We used to have someone put a religious tract in the tip jar EVERY SINGLE DAY. We finally asked the person to please stop and explained that at that point we had received enough for every barista to get at least 5 each and that we had started just throwing them away... BTW... I went to this person's church!
7. A "full" punch card from our shop... haha, as if we needed the free drink??
-bry
1. dismembered heads of toys.

2. a blue silver certificate dollar

3.coffee.
Portland. Enough said.

Mike said:
Where are you people working that you get reefer!?

Are you hiring?
fortunes from fortune cookies are always my non-monetary favorites

one year at an old cafe, a morning-regular-couple tipped we 4 opening baristas $25 each at christmastime. that was nice.

also, once my current staff got a hallmark card left in a bus-bin saying how awesome and attractive we all are. that was cool and weird.
1.) a carnival style goldfish in a bag
2.) lots of golf tees (nearest golf course was AT LEAST thirty miles away)
3.) artificial fecal matter
4.) dentures
5.) currecy etc.....
We once had a note explaining why they couldn't leave us a tip. It was signed "poor college students."
an 1879 dollar coin
origami
a 5 cent piece from the Bahamas
guitar picks and bus passes out of the pockets of two regular highschoolers...every day
dollar bills with the names of the employees of the pizza shop next door written on them

At the shop i worked at in MN a guy from the bank would pay only in $2 and dollar coins saying that the bank system wanted them in the currency system.
I have received home baked cookies, movie tickets, pez dispensers, chocolates, cigarettes, green tips, and much more. I think we as baristas get the best tips because we play such a big role in people's everyday life. How would they get their day going without coffee?
1) A used dollar bill crack pipe.
2) Film festival ticket

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service