Hello everyone... looking for a bit of help with the grinder we're using.. it's a Rossi RR558 and only has two buttons, one to automatically grind a single shot and one for a double.

The problem is that the shots it grinds are only 7-8g and 14-16g respectively and not at all conducive to good espresso, which is frustrating as we're using great beans. I assume it's possible to change the settings and increase the weight of the shots but can't figure out how as all i have to work with are the two shot buttons and a digital display which only scrolls '00047532'.

I've searched for manuals online with no success, hoping someone has the same model and can advise me???

Thanks. John.

Views: 2437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm... I see nothing for a Rossi RR558. The only dosing grinder that lineup is a Brasilia/Rossi rr55od (lower case to distinguish the letter "o" from the number zero). It uses 2 button (single and double) and a display. Is that it?

If so, here's the manual. Check out page 19 for programming instructions.

If that's not it, you're probably looking at a re-badge of something else. Look around online at pics of other dosing grinders and figure out which one you're dealing with.

Good luck.

Only seen one Rossi grinder in my days, and it certainly wasn't digital.  It was, however, set up like most commercial espresso grinders with an adjustment collar on the top of the grinder between the hopper and upper burr carrier for grind adjustment.

Perhaps you can post a photo or two? 

Keith

Venia Coffee

i think that's the one, thanks a million! will have a crack at it when i get a chance this week..

thanks again.

Brady said:

Hmmm... I see nothing for a Rossi RR558. The only dosing grinder that lineup is a Brasilia/Rossi rr55od (lower case to distinguish the letter "o" from the number zero). It uses 2 button (single and double) and a display. Is that it?

If that's not it, you're probably looking at a re-badge of something else. Look around online at pics of other dosing grinders and figure out which one you're dealing with.

Good luck.

Keith, i appreciate your reply but the problem is with the amount of grounds being automatically dosed by the machine and not the coarseness of the grind. thanks :)

Keith Eckert said:

Only seen one Rossi grinder in my days, and it certainly wasn't digital.  It was, however, set up like most commercial espresso grinders with an adjustment collar on the top of the grinder between the hopper and upper burr carrier for grind adjustment.

Perhaps you can post a photo or two? 

Keith

Venia Coffee

Oh, totally misread your post, my apologies.  Glad Brady found the manual for you.

Keith

ok, so this morning was the first chance i've had at altering the grind, but it turns out that that manual is for a slightly earlier model without the digital display, so i'm still none the wiser unfortunately! also after a closer look at the model number, what i thought was an '8' is an 'S', so the model is actually RR55S. did you get that manual online somewhere Brady? and if so could you tell me where, as i've googled the hell out of it with no success!

much appreciated. John.

Brady said:

Good luck.

That came from Brasilia USA's site. If you hover your pointer over that link the URL will pop up. Try poking around on the main site.

Should I assume that the programming sequence described in that manual didn't work?

Only other thing I can think of is to call the importer, Rosito-Bisani.

ahhhh endless thanks Brady! i didn't realise they were made by Brasilia, thought it was odd that i was getting no results when i googled Rossi.

got the one i need now, thanks again.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service