Does anyone have any experience with the Grindmaster 875 for use with espresso?  I see them used here and there and noticed you can get them used for a pretty good price.  

Thanks for you thoughts.

Views: 910

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While this is a decent bulk grinder, these kind of grinders are best use for drip-type methods. I'd say that the 875 was totally inappropriate for espresso use. You'll want to use a grinder that was designed specifically for use with an espresso machine - like Mazzer Major or Robur, Compak K.10, Nuova Simonelli Mythos or MDX, etc.

Ditto what Brady said. While these bulk grinders usually have an espresso setting on their dial it would only be even marginally viable used with a low end home machine that had a pressurized pf.

Hey thanks for your thoughts.  I would like to get a Mazzer that is my goal, but I have seen a few of these and that is why I asked.   Thanks again.

I have to say, it is crazy how many products are out there that just are not up to par. 

Well they are... it's just not for espresso.  It's like how a dragster isn't appropriate for racing on an oval.  It's way faster, more powerful and completely inappropriate.  Brewmaster makes a great bulk, drip grinder.  Mazzer makes a great espresso grinder, but either grinder is inappropriate for the other brew method.

-bry

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service