Hello! My very old Fetco 2052 is currently leaking from both of the upper domes. I am considering replacing it with a new Fetco 2052 or a Bunn Dual TF DBC. I am wondering how the Bunn compares. The price difference is about $600. Anyone out ever work with both units? The ultimate goal is to brew the best drip. Please let know your opinions.

Views: 370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bunn uses continuous duty dispensing valves. As opposed to intermittent duty valves, they are powered all the time and use a lift voltage to move the plunger.   They fail often, and when they do they also take out the electrically unprotected CPU ( or as most techs call it the CPFuse).  Whilst doing a PM, change out the complete valves (with coil) at least once a year.   That thing has 4 valves, 2 brew and 2 bypass (The fill valve oddly enough doesn't cause that much trouble) That's probably $200 a year in parts right there, depending on where you get them.  The CPU is nearer $500.  And that's not including labor.  

I know the Fetco's aren't perfect either. 

Have you had your current machine serviced?   

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service