Looking at these two brewers to buy, but unsure which one to go with. Any Ideas?

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are both great airpot brewers. The Bunn brewer has been around for ever and is very durable. The Curtis is much easier to program and has other features like pulse brew and a timer to let you know when the coffee is done. I can't really recommend one above the other, but the Curtis is newer and has more options.
We really Like FETCO Extractor series brewers. Great Quality and control over the brewing process.
I like the Curtis for the money. We only did Fetco for years, but have done a lot of curtis as of late. I had a side by side last week with a 2031 extractor vs a D500. The Fetco was rich and smooth, overall very nice. The D500 had way more acidity and a little less body. Both good cups, just different. For the money, the d500 wins. You can program your own preference in the cup and save $250 bucks.
We've been using 3 of the CWTF 15APS for 12 years and they are incredibly reliable. The only issue we've ever had is a fuse that went out on one of them once. If you hold a temperature probe in the water stream they start out at 200 degrees and the temp will slowly drop during the cycle to about 185 by the end of a 2.5 liter air pot. I've often thought that if I ever need to repace one of these I'd go for the CTWF 20APS. It's a little more powerful (20 amps versus 15 amps, and higher wattage). I think the temp drop would probably be less and they would definitely recover faster.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service