How many cups of coffee can you get from 1 lb. of whole bean coffee ?  30 - 40 cups ? More ?

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I read this thread correctly you did not lead on that you had a clue as to how much coffee to use to get a specific amount of cups or yield. So I'm not sure who is on your back. I kind of thought the conversation was civil up till now. Did I miss something?
Most of these guys know me somewhat and I know what to expect from them. Did you miss read a post or something?
Joe
-- Ambassador for Specialty Coffee and palate reform.

Hawaii Exports Intl said:
Yea, I know what its supposed to be. Seriously. The reason I asked the basic question is exactly becuase you get a wide "interpretation" from various groups, like roasters per se.... I know how many your supposed to get, so get off my back would you please... Its supposed to be a forum for discussion and answers. Thank you very much people and all that contributed.
My bad then. I didn't mean to get mean. I appreciate everybodys answers and probably should have asked or started the discussion differently and with more content. My mistake. I enjoy barista.com and the discussions. I think its great that people form all over and with different experiences can share in this forum.

As for the last discussion I started, the Kona Coffee one, your right and I should have let it live longer.
Thanks Brady,
You speak with such grace and clarity. I also want you Hawaii Exports to stick around and share here as well. We mean well here.
Joe
-- Ambassador for Specialty Coffee and palate reform.

Brady said:
Yea, I know what its supposed to be. Seriously. The reason I asked the basic question is exactly becuase you get a wide "interpretation" from various groups, like roasters per se.... I know how many your supposed to get, so get off my back would you please... Its supposed to be a forum for discussion and answers. Thank you very much people and all that contributed.

Hmmm... perhaps I should explain a bit.

Once you've been around this community for a little while (if you choose to stick around), you'll start to notice that quite a few people treat this community like a coffee helpdesk - joining only to find the answer to a pretty simple question, then checking right back out. Usually, their answer can be found by a quick browse through past bX discussions or a quick google search. Yet people find it easier to just ask and let us all do their work and research for them. Gets kind of old after a while.

I think I speak for most of the active posters here when I say that we are happy to take part in discussions and debates on various coffee topics. That's kinda why we're here - to interact with each other, learn from each other, argue with each other, etc. If you'd begun this discussion as a discussion instead of a "answer my question" you'd have gotten a much different response. You could have mentioned the variety of recommendations and asked people's thoughts on why they vary so widely. Coulda asked people why they do what they do, how their customers respond. Shared your thoughts. Given us a chance to maybe learn something from you too.

Many of us are here on our free time to learn and have fun. The most fun we can have with a FAQ type question like your OP is tossing out the kind of replies you got.

BTW, I liked your first discussion and was sorry to see you let it die just when it was getting going. Please do stick around - its nice having a variety of coffee people on here to speak to the different sides of issues. But do try to understand where we're coming from?
My apologies if I was rude!
Wasn't thinking and it wasn't very appropriate "Sorry"
I have asked some pretty basic and simple questions in the past and have for the most part been treated with respect.
And your question was anything thing but basic, just very broad and open!

1 lb. yields about 18-20 cups of 12oz syphons for me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service