I just picked up a Ditting KR 1203 used and pretty cheap.  I'm going to give it a thorough deep cleaning and have the burrs sharpened before I incorporate it into our brew bar.  As I haven't used it yet, I'd like to hear your opinions on it.  Complaints, observations, likes and dislikes.  Thanks!

Views: 849

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They're great machines.  The only thing I don't care for is the bag shaker, not that functional and a continual source of maintenance needs and noise.  I would disable that.  But that's me.  Here's my shtick on taking care of a ditting -

Nine out of ten failures are do to cleaning.  DON'T let anyone use a screwdriver or any sharp object to clean the spout.  There's a rubber transition tube that goes between the grinder and spout.  If it gets damaged or pushed up the grinder will clog.  If you have to hit the reset switch, you need to clean the grinder.  Also, in the hopper is a metal safety "brace".  There's a magnet on the bottom of it; be sure to remove the hopper, turn it upside down and check it regularly for metal bits.  I just had a customer have 3 or 4 grinders (Swift not ditting) go down from metal getting in the burrs (roasters fault).   Oh and if you take the bottom plate off the grinder to clean it, the wires for the power switch must be zip-tied back in place.  In addition to vacuuming  the bottom plate, I suggest using CRC Quick Dry Contact Cleaner.  Use a whole can and hose the thing down.  It'll be dry in 2 minutes or less and super clean.  To get the bottom plate back on, thread all the screws in a few threads first, then tighten down all the way.  I have more, but you'll have fun figuring it out.

Nancy and all the folks at ditting USA are really helpful.  So if you need a tech (they have a list) or just have question give them a call.   Also check out the website.  Great resource.

Excellent info.  Thanks man.  That type of advice is what I'm looking for.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service