Does anyone have any recommendations for a good front counter grinder to grind customers beans? We are using BUNN G3 and need a faster upgrade.

Views: 920

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're right, BUNN does say a pound in 30 seconds. They must definitely mean really dry stale beans and on coarse because there's no way that happens in real life. The G3 is a great grinder for sure. We are an authorized BUNN re-seller and we sell them to all our wholesale customers and we use them in all our locations ourselves. We still have a few that are 14 years old and still ticking. But I could be grinding a customer's coffee literally forever with the G3 and luckly we are busy enough that I have people waiting to have their coffee ground as well and the whole line is held up. Thanks again everyone for their advice.

Bryan Wray said:
Andrew Cash said:
good rant bry
so a Bunn G3 will take 2 minutes to grind a lb of coffee and a mahlkonig VTA6S takes 10 sec. ?

Nope, just throwing random numbers out there. I'm not at the shop and don't feel like wasting a pound of coffee, but I would estimate the G3 being about 4X slower or so. No numbers right now, although someone may be able to throw those out there.

Bunn's site claims a pound goes through in under 30 seconds, but no reference to how coarse/fine that grind is, and I'm willing to bet that's a pretty coarse grind.

-bry

As 4 me, I use DIP Shop Grinder DK-30 

like it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service