The title pretty much says it all.
I'm starting to write a business plan for my own cafe, but I will be having to renegociate my wage at my current job, and I also (unfortunately) might be moving next year, in which case I'd have to find a job and work for a bit before opening my thing.
I'm wondering whats fair for both sides. Obviously, if you have a great employee, you would want to keep them around and happy, therefore, paying them more than you would a "lesser" employee. Inversely, what if you're an amazing employee, but don't get what you would consider a reasonable wage?
There are alot of layers to this question, so feel free to extrapolate.
Lastly, if this is crossing some boundries with folks, I'll gladly take this discussion down. I'm just super curious.
-BZA

Views: 36

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

This depends heavily on your situation. How well do you know your employers? What is your position there? Do they know you are moving? (If not, they might now you have posted it here). Also, how long have you been working there? What city are you in and moving to? I can get more in Denver, CO than Greeley, CO so take that into consideration as well.

I would start with a little research to see what other shops are paying (just ask someone quietly) for both your current location and the one you may move to. Second, decide whether you would stay at your current job if they offered you your target wage. If not, be prepared to get the same from your move.

I hope this helps a little. It's a question that is always difficult because without knowing your personal situations no-one can give direct advice. But, as an entreprenuer I'm sure you have some problem solving skills you can draw on :) Best of luck.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service