I am a barista and i would like to know if anyone has an idea of how I would go about getting a job at a high end coffee shop, do I need connections? what would be my first step to getting this career?

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I worked a while on my resume & even got help with it from a local coffee shop owner. I got an interview based on the strength of my resume, 200 applicants didnt even make it to the interview stage. I showed up in my black & whites (waiter/barista uniform) and got the job. So show up to any interview dressed in their uniform as if your ready to go to work.
Also Skyler, I couldn't find anyone that wanted to hire me as barista so I started a coffee blog to gain some credibility & get some exposure in my local coffee community. This gave me an excuse and a reason to visit my local coffee shops, meet the shop owners & baristas and get an idea of where I might be a good fit. Now I'm working as a barista again. I'll attach my resume so you can get an idea & a link to my coffee blog for you to check out. Best wishes with the job hunt Skyler! www.4loveofcoffee.com
Attached is my resume for you to check out Skyler...

Cash Reynolds said:
I worked a while on my resume & even got help with it from a local coffee shop owner. I got an interview based on the strength of my resume, 200 applicants didnt even make it to the interview stage. I showed up in my black & whites (waiter/barista uniform) and got the job. So show up to any interview dressed in their uniform as if your ready to go to work.
Also Skyler, I couldn't find anyone that wanted to hire me as barista so I started a coffee blog to gain some credibility & get some exposure in my local coffee community. This gave me an excuse and a reason to visit my local coffee shops, meet the shop owners & baristas and get an idea of where I might be a good fit. Now I'm working as a barista again. I'll attach my resume so you can get an idea & a link to my coffee blog for you to check out. Best wishes with the job hunt Skyler! www.4loveofcoffee.com
Attachments:
Thanx a lot dude, i really appreciate the help and if you come across any other info that might help me please feel free to message me again. Thanx again
-Skyler

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service