I've been reading about barista jams for awhile and have been talking to several people who have both competed and judged. I just started at a coffee shop here in Richmond, VA I pour consistent rosette's and have been in the industry for 7 years. I have convinced the owner of my shop to host a jam. The plan is to give each barista 5minutes to make 3 drinks. One espresso, One latte for the art competition and One specialty drink. I also want to give a talk on extraction, that seems the area that is the worst everywhere I've been on the east coast. Over and under extracted shots are the base of all our drinks who really cares if theres a rosette when the shot started already blonded out. If anyone has hosted before or attended a Jam please give me any advice you have to offer. I thank you all very much for taking the time to read this.

Tamp Hard, Children
Ron

Views: 27

Reply to This

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service