if a customer wants you to put sugar in their coffee when is it best to put it in? pre shot, post shot, post shot + a bit of milk or does it not matter?
I do not like sugar so my taste tests are non existent

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would always put it in pre-shot - again, this is for other people; I also don't take sugar.

This is for a few reasons;

a - eliminates all that mess that most customers will make trying to manage sugar, stirring and lids
b - you can present the drink as a finished item (lid on, ready to go)
c - it's part of a service element

Gwilym, I've seen the mess customers make, and the time they take loading sugar on the end of your cart. I'd be taking sugar orders at the start, and adding it before the shot. I'd take names as well.
after the queue and subsequent mess this week i am sure you are right.
But to be honest i do like chatting to them while they sort out themselves out - i do not get out much

glad you mentioned reason for putting on lid i could never understand why your guys made such great looking coffee only to cover it up. i only do my patterns to show off - may be its time for me to find a life outside the cup!
Hey, you know what they say: Better a big queue, than no queue at all!

It's always so busy down there, you gotta be doing something right, eh?

The shots were tasting really good over there on Sunday, mate, and it's always great to have a chat with you. One of the staples of my week.

Did you taste that Caffe Vita stuff yet?
hi
cam reckons sugar in first too
comments always welcome as are your visits
just about to try the Carmo Nero de Minas as filter I had at Tinderbox was disappointing.
I hear from jenny that the Leftist blend you gave me is the day to day blend gimme use
G, what is the name of that delicious Brazilian sugar we used to use?
do you have it at your carts?
Rapadura. Biona is the brand
not on carts as nightmare in our changeable weather
do you put sugar in for customers at gimme?
I still use a big bowl with an old spoon in it
I always ask people if they would like me to add sugar for them, especially in cappucinos. For three reasons: like you both said... mess is awful. and also because I've had countless customers get a cap then go and load it with sugar and stir the hell out of it and by the time they finish the foam is completely diapidated and then they complain that I made a lousy drink.

Also, I always add sugar pre shot then swirl the shots with the sugar while the foam sets. This way by the time I add the milk the sugar and espresso are nicely blended and when you add the milk there's nothing left to do. It's already blended so there's no disturbance.
whenever i have a customer ask for sugar i, also, put it in pre-shot. not only do most of my customers prefer this, but it gives quicker and more precise service. and disolves better so that the drink is ready to drink-they don't have to stire it and it doesn't make a mess.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service