I'm going to be travelling to Ocean Beach here in about a week and I'm curious about the coffee scene. I haven't heard much and what I've heard is it's pretty small. If anyone knows of shops in the area that are worth checking out let me know. Thanks!

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definately check out Cafe Calabria. Tell Arnie & Jesse that Gino from Riviera says hey!
word. will do, and thanks for some direction on this!
cafe 1134 in coronado is pretty good. heck, i'm here right now....
I'm going to SD soon too (mid-March). I didn't find anything good last time I went. I'm also going to be in Portland right before that. I grew up near... closest place might be Lava Java... and went to Reed. Let me know where to go other than the Stumptown Annex and Albina Press in Portland and what you find in San Diego. Hope to help you out when head to this coast too.
1016 Tierra Del Rey
Chula Vista, CA 91910

If your going to be in San Diego, you should really visit Alex at this little coffee bar. Alex has been a barista for ten years and he's such a character. He's a real good guy who'll put all his passion into giving you a great cup of coffee. You won't regret taking the drive over there :)
thanks for all the suggestions. i tried calabria today, not bad. the coast is definately not a good spot for decent shots. but i'll keep looking.
Hello!
Yeah, Cafe Calabria rocks I have yet to taste better espresso in SD and you are right... good espresso on the coast (so-cal) is hard to find.
There is also a neat small roasting operation down in Chula Vista called West Coast Coffee Roasters. The head roaster has a interesting take on darks.
Still in SD? Ciao!

Alex - "Life is now."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service