Hello out there. Does anybody have experience sample roasting on a Jabez Burns-- old school style. I'm taking over the quality control lab at Atlantic Specialty (my new company--) LOVE it ) and I'm roasting on a quirky JB. I have roasted on them before, but very little.

Samples are roasting on the JB really, really fast. I'm starting with much lower heat than I usually would just to try and slow down the time until first crack, but then, it's so hot in there it sometimes reaches second crack within a minute! That really happened today. I've never seen that before, but my experience is mostly on a Probat which has good airflow. . . . I don't have any temperature controls or anything else to go on besides sight, smell, and flame level. (I kinda like the old school style of pure artistry, but I want to do a better job developing the beans.

Does anyone have any tips? Thanks for anything you can share to help out.

Best wishes,
Andi

Please forgive any small typos caused by the necessity of using voice dictation.

Views: 120

Reply to This

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service