So I want to see where we are in this Industry. Do we want to pay Fair Trade? or Do we want to pay a little more?

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a dream of mine to be able to set up deals with small-time coffee farmers to get them better than fair trade. As an owner I'd pay more if my bottom line could handle it, even if it meant having fewer options available.
I think fair trade is way to low. By the time all the chain get their peice what is really left for the farmer and the people who pick the coffee. If this is going to last we must find a way to up the extent to which the consumer values coffee so we can all do well from farmer to coffee drinker. I only hope the damage done by fast food and big coffee is repairable. Farmers are switching to crops that make them more money.
I pay more, sometimes significantly, for our coffee.
I support paying a good price for farmers who take their coffee as serious, or more seriously, than I do. Enough money to pay for the coffee and a little extra to advance infrastructure, development, etc. to make the farm sustainable as both a harvest and a business for future generations. At least, that's what I aim for.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service