Anyone out there much into Italian Desserts? If so, have you ever had Panna Cotta? Panna Cotta translates to Cooked Cream & its one of my favorite desserts. I do an Espresso Panna Cotta, & a Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta. When finished it is alot like a creamy Jello. It does have gelatin in it so when it sets up, it does have the body of Jello. Such a smooth, creamy & lightly sweet dessert. I started making it while I was working in an Italian Restaurant. I ended up taking on the job as Dessert Chef (as well as everything else) & he taught me how to make some great desserts (the Tiramisu is incredible & I couldnt have learned better by going to cooking school). I also was always looking for new desserts to make as specials & I found Panna Cotta one night while searching. So the next day I go in & try it out. Perfecto! We served it either in a small Martini glass or small single scoop icecream stemmed glass. Did it as a duo with an Espresso one & a Vanilla one. I also did a Honey one once that was really nice. Its been a few months since I've made it (or probably even a year!) so I'll have to work up the recipe again, I'll post it as soon as I remember the exact measurements. Has anyone else had Espresso Panna Cotta?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service