I love black coffee - especially made with a french press (or a Clover). Since I live in the San Francisco bay area there are alot of great places to get a good cup of black coffee. They are places like Verve in Santa Cruz, Ritual, Coffee Bar, Philz, and Four Barrel Coffee in San Francisco, and Cole Coffee in Berkeley. All of these places only make coffee with a press or an individual drip cup.

I would like to find the same type of coffee house, in the Chicago area. Online I've found Intelligensia in the city, that has a Clover machine, but are there any other coffee houses like this outside the city?

Or can anyone recommend a place to get a really good cup of black coffee?

If all else fails...there is always....i just can't say it...you know, with the green logo...but they will make a press pot of coffee...and one can hope that the batch of beans they are using is freshly roasted (i realize i am being unrealistically optimistic here). P l e a s e help me avoid the coffee of last resort...

di

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

INTELLIGENTSIA!!!!! They are tops in Chicago by far. They have clover and the whole deal. Their baristas are knowledgeable and helpful, not to mention all of their locations have their own flair.
The Coffee Studio, which serves Intelligentsia Coffee, is pretty cool, too.
Metropolis Coffee (un-related to the denver shop) is also a good shop.
Neil McCormick said:
Metropolis Coffee (un-related to the denver shop) is also a good shop.

hi neil,
This place looks really good too! and they roast their own coffee! can't wait to try it.

i have 7 days in the chicago area, i may just have to turn it into my own personal "chicago coffee tour".
di
diane said:
Chris DeMarse said:
INTELLIGENTSIA!!!!! They are tops in Chicago by far. They have clover and the whole deal. Their baristas are knowledgeable and helpful, not to mention all of their locations have their own flair.
The Coffee Studio, which serves Intelligentsia Coffee, is pretty cool, too.

thanks chris for this recommendation! i love that the place has a nice patio to sit outside. hope the weather will be nice next week while i'm there.
di
Intelligenstia, Intelligentsia, Intelligenstia. The Broadway store has a cool vibe and it is fairly easy to find a parking spot nearby.
Intelligenstia was GREAT! except we went to the store on Jackson and it cost us $21 to park for 45 min! Still the coffee was definitely worth it. The 3 of us each got a different coffee brewed with the Clover. All of them tasted great. But they put the coffees in large wide cups - I appreciate the large size coffee, but the wide cups caused the coffee to cool off quickly.

I wish I had had more time to go the the Coffee Studio and check out their patio. The weather was fantastic.
The day i left was the day it started flooding everywhere.

I'll get there next time I'm in Chicago.

Thanks everyone! for the recommendations.

now i'm going to sacramento Ca and want to try out a coffee house there...

diane
Italian Coffee Bar at 680 Lakeshore Drive

Ask them to brew anything they have in stock with the Press and you share receive an exquisite cup of coffee.

We use Alterra beans. Today I was cupping the Eastern Timor. It was quite nutty.

Just...don't go to the evil green.
mmm...I love coffee from Timor - it's my favorite at one of the coffee houses that I go to here in CA.- Pacific Bay Coffee.
If anyone is in Walnut Creek, CA (or anywhere nearby) you should try Pacific Bay. Good coffee, great people and they roast their own beans.

diane

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service