Hey all, I'm heading to O'ahu next week for a wedding and wanted to know the "must drink" coffee shops on the island. It's been a long time since I was last back home and I don't really know where to go now.

Any suggestions?

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I was last there I visited Encore Espresso, a small coffee shop in a strip mall. It appeared to be owner operated and the gentleman behind the bar was friendly and offered any advice I needed when I told him I was opening a coffeehouse near San Francisco. His shop was located in the Aina Haina Shopping Center in Honolulu.
My first post on this site, but I saw the question and couldn't resist. I just moved back to the mainland after living there for about 4 1/2 years and will tell you that small, great coffee shops are hard to come by, but there are a few you should not miss. If you are in Waikiki, Honolulu Coffee Co. in the Moana Surfrider hotel, right across from the International Marketplace, is great coffee. Get a little table by the window at night and watch the street performers and tourists. By the airport, there is a little coffee shop/flower shop called Petals and Beans. It looks a little haphazard, but the coffee is good and the owner is very friendly. The espresso shakes are good there. The last place is in Haleiwa and my husband and I would regularly drive there from Ewa just to get coffee. It's called The Coffee Gallery and they do have a website you can check out. It's a favorite with locals and could be the best coffee on the island. No air conditioning, but plenty of outdoor seating. There is a vegetarian/vegan spin to a lot of the food and pastries and they roast all their own coffee. Hope this helped a bit. Have a good time!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service