New Rules?

With Coffee Fest?

Without Coffee Fest?

Seattle?

Portland?

Anyone out there know what's going on? I've heard a loooot of different things from different people. I even called the SCAA and they don't know? As of right now, all I know is that I'm competing and I don't know where or when...

sad day.

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm confused. I love the SCAA and all (especially Michelle Campbell!) , but if we only have regionals because someone sponsors it 3 weeks out, then what's the point? I thought it was about the coffee? Would it be better to have less regionals but better quality organized competitions then have 10 that are thrown together at the last minute? There are rumors of big changes for competition,..and even this "far" out, it seems kinda ridiculous. I'd be willing to help organize NWRBC year to year if I could still compete and not want to go crazy from stress.

jeff webre said:
The issue is sponsorship. Nobody has stepped up to sponsor it, so thus there are no details to be had. It all depends on who writes the check.
If it was really just about the coffee do you think Krups would have been the Host of the recent 2008 USBC?!

Bottom line someone/some company has to be willing and able to put up thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours to Sponsor. While I have the organizational expertise having worked on many non-profit organization Conventions etc. over the years don't have the time or scratch. Maybe in a few years.
Again, my point wasn't about money. This post wasn't about coffee politics, *God knows that NOBODY here wants or should get into that discussion* The SCAA has regionals. The SCAA focuses on quality specialty coffee in all of the aspects. Is it a reasonable possibility to have LESS poorly planned regionals and have better quality regionals. Are 10 regionals really necessary?

miKe mcKoffee aka Mike McGinness said:
If it was really just about the coffee do you think Krups would have been the Host of the recent 2008 USBC?!

Bottom line someone/some company has to be willing and able to put up thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours to Sponsor. While I have the organizational expertise having worked on many non-profit organization Conventions etc. over the years don't have the time or scratch. Maybe in a few years.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service