Hi all,

We use the Update 1.9 litre airpot at the shop. We now have a couple that have had the glass liners die rather dramatically, and are looking for replacements. I have checked EspressoParts, Visions Espresso, Everything Coffee&Tea, etc. I've seen replacement liners for some other airpots, any idea where I could find this particular one?

Thanks!

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Sir. As we have the full breakdown of parts available for this unit I thought it would best for me to help you out and share. This particular part is not able to be ordered on its own. Once broken the unit is gone. Here we will usually go through the process of unscrewing the base and removing all plastic, metal, and rubber items and recycle or dispose of them as friendly as possible. It really is too bad but to get the liner in would involve unscrewing the upper assembly and to remove that you need to have the handle off and with out taking off metal sleeve this is impossible. In short it really is worth the $45 or so dollars to get new ones rather than deal with the frustration. Hope this helps.
Brian@EspressoParts.com
Great... thanks for the info Brian. I kinda suspected that might be the case, but was trying to remain optimistic.

Given how these seem to go, I may well start replacing with SS lined ones instead. It has been a strange failure mode. No thermal shock, no dropping or banging around, they just randomly (and loudly) explode when empty. This has happened to each of us and we're all pretty mystified. And getting a little gun-shy too, truth be told.

Great site, by the way. I've bought stuff and used your online schematics many times. Keep it up.
Best bet. File a complaint with Update or have the vendor by which you bought it from proceed with this. Depending on how old they are you may be seeing a QC issue and could be able to talk youself into just paying for the upgrade to the SS lined version. Just a thought. Most suppliers like this kind of feedback all be it bad. It will help address future issues and maybe prevent some as well. Had this been a user issue it would be a different case. Good luck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service