HEY!!!
So, the day after our Ride On!!! Bikes to Rwanda fundraising event. I totally jacked my ankle on the ride home last night (goddamn Maker's Mark), but fatal injuries aside, it was a total, and complete, SUCCESS.
Thats right.
We not only raised over $750 with our bike poker and raffle, but we also turned alot of Sacramento onto the BTR mission, and most people I've talked to are amazed that an organization like this exists, and how they haven't heard about it sooner. Overall, totally f'in awesome.
I wanna give some special shout outs: The Ritual crew, for always lookin so stylish; the Verve kids, for always showin up fashionably late (second time in like two weeks those cats have driven up from Santa Cruz to the Sac area... total hardcore); always... always always always, Team Barefoot for slinging down some awesome prizes, and generally just being some of the most laid back, yet intense people I know; all my fellow employees at Temple, for helpin in whatever way they can; all of the local businesses that donated prizes, food, etc. for this awesomely great cause; the esteemed Sarah Allen, for chatting me up all night; the amazing Clara Seasholtz, for being a total babe (yeah, I said it), and runnin this BTR business; last, but certainly not least, Tony "T-bone" Serrano, and my girl Jessica "Doctor J" Woods, for puttin in many hours, countless contacts, and just flat out being badasses, because these two where the main folk, the Batman and Robin of this whole event, and without them, it wouldn't have come to fruitation.
Hopefully people will start posting some pics soon, and always remember to check out the B-Mag blog, because Sarah should be posting some pics and stuff later today (baristamagazine.com/ something about blogs, or something of that nature... its on their website).

-bza

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, one more shoutout:
Java J, for bringing that Flock of Seagulls haircut back. My man!
Yep, so I just stole from photos from Sarah's blog over on B-mag. CHECK IT OUT!!
1. Brad from Temple, finished first, lookin HELLA sketch. Thats how he bowls. 300. PERFECT GAME.
2. Tav had to work, but he busted out some tasty shit. Typical stuff.
3. and here's Java J and I... and a good reason why we dont invite J anywhere.
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service