Any ideas on a blend that would deliver a decent cup of coffee after being cut by hot water? Folks around here are used to nearly transparent coffee so I have been kicking around the idea of having a kind of starter coffee for the old-folks set in their ways. The characteristics I am looking for in a blend are that after proper brewing and then doubling the volume with hot water, the finished cup will still have some complexity, and body.

Any thoughts? How do you make the world of specialty coffee accessible to the weak and over extracted brew crowd?

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds to me like you need to give them "Americano". Americano- shot of espresso and water, usually go over well and you can add flavors to them to recreate their favorite flavored coffee (YUCK) Let me know how this works for you.
What do you think of over watering an Americano. A good strong americano is my drink of choice, but much to powerful for the coffee klatch crowd.
Exactly! If your espresso is a good drinking espresso like Counter Cultures Aficionado adding water to it will be wonderful and can normally pull the foldgers coffee drinker over to espresso world.
Americano for sure. Just remember your ounce theory, dude.
What is this ounce theory you speak of? Enlighten me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service