Dear all, it past more than 10 days from WBC 2008 and i can find only one post on this great site about WBC and what was there. To be honest ( and it's not that i was competing and i need more attraction) but WBC it self deserves more, and bcos of all the barista's that were competing around the world, and bcos of national champions, and bcos of so many champions, members of this site and bcos of my heart that is bleeding cos so many reasons are making this competition less interesting comparing to whats going on at SCAA and SCAE and new board members and resigning etc...
First of all, in Copenhagen we were so happy to see great Cupping championship with Casper from Denmark winning in 1.19min, out of space. Then Traditional championship (Turkish, Ibrick), absolutely fantastic and charming, Latte art, In good Spirits etc...The meaning of my post is; let them in SCAA and SCAE f... them selfs, ( wbc site as im writing this is off for days now, so so sad )
WE are the ones to fight for coffee, bring to our costumers coffee in a cup, and all will be on our backs to overcome their fights over positions and money, so forget about people who you don't like, lets take care for those we care, COFFEE PEOPLE!!!
Lets spread our tots about how it was great, how you can learn from just watching, how good is to see your friends from far away places, this site is one of the reasons why we are here. What does WBC and other competitions mean to you and what you want to change. There were so many judges coming and talking to me about all around coffee and life in general, there were unknown people coming to me and sharing their passion for coffee, there were so many champions as one, together, smiling, sharing...there were so many people that actually need us baristi cos we bring smiles to their faces everyday....
So once more, forget bad stories around SCAA and SCAE and WBC board cos many of them don't know what is real life in a coffee shop r as a roaster.
I can send so many pictures and from Tokyo WBC and from Copenhagen WBC and share moments and knowledge, we all deserve so much more...
So please, lets talk more about coffee and what we want from championships and what we expect. Any post will be of so much importance for me. Thanx

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here, Here Nic - great performance by the way!!!
Hola Bolud!!!!

I regret not being at Copenhagen for the WBC (but I was promoting the barista profession in Ecuador at that time).
Let me know about your experience at Copenhagen, and PLEASE send me pictures!!!

Un abrazo,
Federico

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service