James Liu's Discussions (102)

Discussions Replied To (84) Replies Latest Activity

"That's been my procedure for a while. But I almost never need simulshots."

James Liu replied Mar 16, 2010 to What's the difference between the Slayer paddle and La Marzocco paddle?

41 Mar 23, 2010
Reply by Chris

"I think if you're running two shots not-quite simultaneously, shutting off the first…"

James Liu replied Mar 16, 2010 to What's the difference between the Slayer paddle and La Marzocco paddle?

41 Mar 23, 2010
Reply by Chris

"In a shop environment, definitely Clever over V60. To get a decent extraction, your…"

James Liu replied Mar 10, 2010 to Help!

22 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Matthew

"That quote about faking sincerity is from Groucho Marx. It goes "Sincerity is everyt…"

James Liu replied Mar 9, 2010 to Advice on increasing tips as a barista

57 Jun 25, 2010
Reply by Lisa Kettyle

"The Buono is overrated. Don't get me wrong. It's really nice to be able to put hot…"

James Liu replied Mar 9, 2010 to Help!

22 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Matthew

"1. Don't give $5 worth of change with a fiver. That's actively pushing the customer…"

James Liu replied Mar 8, 2010 to Advice on increasing tips as a barista

57 Jun 25, 2010
Reply by Lisa Kettyle

"Yeah. I've had that problem before. It took, I dunno. A good couple weeks before thi…"

James Liu replied Mar 4, 2010 to Breaking in New Anfim Burrs

3 Mar 4, 2010
Reply by Mike Sabol

"Has anyone actually gone about testing the relationship between perceived acidity an…"

James Liu replied Mar 2, 2010 to Single Origin: No Respect!

11 Mar 2, 2010
Reply by Bryan Wray

"I've had some good MonMals. When it's right, it's comforting like good bread and fre…"

James Liu replied Mar 2, 2010 to Single Origin: No Respect!

11 Mar 2, 2010
Reply by Bryan Wray

"Cocoa powder is fine. Buy the stuff with no sugar added so you can add your own (pre…"

James Liu replied Feb 17, 2010 to Fair Trade Chocolate Sauces (for mochas, hot cocoa, etc.)... What are the best options?

13 Apr 29, 2010
Reply by Jared Rutledge

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service