Espresso (371)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to manually tell when to stop a shot

I know, I know, how horribly newb of me right? I just need a brush-up and I'm not afraid to ask you brilliant baristas for help. Pictures o…

Started by Brandi Heath

28 Oct 24, 2011
Reply by Emily Wiersma

Americanos...floating shots?

I've heard opinions of coworkers and barista buddies, but I have yet to see what the community at large thinks is the correct way to serve…

Started by Stephen Zirschky

9 Oct 20, 2011
Reply by Brady

Grinder dilation?

Hi all. I'm new to this site and looking forward to all the information and advice available! What a great place.I have a potentially very…

Started by rachelpinto.soprano

5 Oct 17, 2011
Reply by rachelpinto.soprano

Single portafilter...!

I have never used a single portafilter (just thrown out the extra shot when only one is needed), but I completely understand the want to…

Started by Jimi Myers

6 Oct 17, 2011
Reply by Jimi Myers

Milk.

First a little background. I have been serving coffee for about 5 years now starting with sbux and quickly moving into indie/next wave shop…

Started by Andrew Aghajanian

5 Oct 17, 2011
Reply by Joona Suominen

Anyone have experience using the VST baskets on a La Marzocco MP machine?

I recently got the VST 18 and 22g baskets in and have been working with them a little. I also just recently installed a La Marzocco GB5 2 g…

Started by Phil Roberts

5 Sep 25, 2011
Reply by N. Freeman

What's your flavor?

I'm wondering what peoples' favorite drinks are? especially soy drinks =) I'm looking for new ideas to keep things interesting.   My favori…

Started by Victoria Lauren

17 Sep 23, 2011
Reply by David L

Why "dry" caps?

We are getting ready to open a quality driven coffee shop in Peoria, IL.  It's going to be called thirty-thirty Coffee Co. (look us up on f…

Started by Ty Paluska

18 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by David L

Long Shots vs. Short Shots?

I have a mixed background in barista training... but I've always believed that a true espresso shot is one ounce, therefore you used the bu…

Started by Shayna Pysk

5 Sep 16, 2011
Reply by Erin Elizabeth

2 oz Volumetric pulls and triple portafilters

I keep seeing shops use the volumetric feature on espresso machines to make 2oz pulls.  I can understand that not everyone has the passion…

Started by Jason Raz

15 Sep 14, 2011
Reply by Jonathan Aldrich

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service