Espresso (371)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Latte Art on Strada

I recently got hired at a local cafe, and I'm currently being trained on a La Marzocco Strada. Although I have no experience with a commerc…

Started by Andy Kwon

11 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by Andy Kwon

Good Interview Questions

So I'm doing an interview tomorrow with a girl I used to work with at another coffee shop.   I pretty much know her background with coffee…

Started by Brandi Heath

14 Jan 22, 2012
Reply by olivier dutil

Rober E Question

Howdy coffee friends, I was wondering if anyone knew about the chamber/auger in the doserless Rober E.  Someone was telling me that the Ro…

Started by Ty Paluska

3 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Ty Paluska

Epiphany Espresso

Anyone remember their epiphany shot? The first shot that opens up your world to the possibilities of espresso that you had never before con…

Started by Stephen Cadieux

6 Jan 11, 2012
Reply by Rebeka Hosford

Steaming soy?

We've got really bad separation issues when steaming soy.  Whole and skim milk turn out great with nice microfoam but with soy we are getti…

Started by zack burnett

10 Jan 9, 2012
Reply by Cedric

Coffee Drinks - A Book by Michael Turback

Cool! I just received my promo copy of "Coffee Drinks" by Michael Turback, published by Ten Speed Press. The book is very cool, and is fill…

Started by Matt Milletto

3 Dec 18, 2011
Reply by Alex Meece

Save Our Shot!

Recently at our shops, the managers have been discussing the myths of how to "save" a shot while finishing your milk steaming.  I heard so…

Started by Jessica Spackman

10 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Corvus Coffee

Irish Coffe

Well people I need your help. I been a barista for about year and a half. In to months we are having our first coffee and god spirits in Pu…

Started by Jesus O. Gomez

11 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by Jonathan Aldrich

the tamp

I still hear people talking a lot of talk about how a harder or lighter tamp will affect the flow rate of a shot. I'd have to disagree from…

Started by Chandler Rentz

40 Nov 8, 2011
Reply by Matthew

Thoughts on Grinders and Machines for waste..training..wonderful Espresso

I would like to tap the vast resources to make informed equipment purchases. I would like to know how people rationalize buying technology…

Started by J F. Kelly

9 Oct 25, 2011
Reply by Brady

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service