PURPOSE OF THE GUILD
• Promote coffee quality as the principle standard for success.
• Further baristas' knowledge and understanding of the history, fundamentals, art and science of
• Building community by encouraging communication, understanding, and respect between
• Focus the voice of Baristas in representing the specialty coffee industry.
• Recognize baristas that have achieved a high degree of skill in coffee preparation.
• Maintain a Barista Guild web site that will keep members abreast of events, industry news, and
• Coordinate BGA Sanctioned Regional Jams.
• Coordinating community-building opportunities in conjunction with industry events.
• Work with the SCAA to develop and implement an effective training curriculum.
• Create a Barista Guild leadership in the form of an Executive Council, which will oversee and
guide the Guild.
• Develop Regional Chapters of the Barista Guild of America.