Friend is traveling to Austin and wants to find some great espresso. He has a fun blog, 2espressos.blogspot.com.
THANKS!

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out Cafe Medici- they placed pretty highly in the recent SCRBC. Frank's was 3rd place, so they are also worth checking out.

Good luck! Happily, Texas isn't quite the coffee wasteland that it used to be.
Caffe Medici
Thunderbird Coffee
Once Over Coffee Bar
Frank

That's where I drink coffee in town.
Lorenzo is correct.
I really enjoyed my espresso at both Frank and Once Over. When I was at Medici, all I saw was beer-- and a lot of pretty latte art being poured down the drain... (of course, it also happened to be the SCRBC party and I'd already had way too much espresso that day.)
One of our customers brought back some espresso from Broadway Cafe when he went to Austin and it was pretty bangin'.
there is no place in austin called broadway cafe, just so ya know.
You are correct Jen. It is actually called progress. I have NO idea why I said Broadway. Must have been late. Thank you for catching that.
Anthony Rue said:
I really enjoyed my espresso at both Frank and Once Over. When I was at Medici, all I saw was beer-- and a lot of pretty latte art being poured down the drain... (of course, it also happened to be the SCRBC party and I'd already had way too much espresso that day.)

FYI, we do not serve beer at Medici - that was for the party only. And we're not afraid to pour out a drink and remake it unitl it's right. Or if we are having a latte art throwdown at the SCRBC party.
I know the owners of Once Over. They used to run a bar in Asheville, and I know are huge proponents of the scene and quality.
I live in Austin, and here are a few places I recommend.

Flipnotics Coffeespace - 1601 Barton Springs Rd. - I'm biased, I work here. : ) We just switched coffees - Owl Tree and Cuvee, both local roasters.

Cafe Medici - on Guadalupe. Serves Cuvee. They're amazing. Seriously.

Once Over - S. First St. serves Cuvee. Some of the best coffee and service in town.
They're awesome folks. Truly.

Jason Dominy said:
I know the owners of Once Over. They used to run a bar in Asheville, and I know are huge proponents of the scene and quality.
It's a damn pleasure to work at Once Over, so I, on behalf of all four of us, appreciate the accolades.

Lisa Kettyle said:
They're awesome folks. Truly.

Jason Dominy said:
I know the owners of Once Over. They used to run a bar in Asheville, and I know are huge proponents of the scene and quality.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service