in commercial space, what type of hood do I need to have a roaster in the space? I've read type 1 is needed for grease and smoke removal. type 2 is needed for steam, heat or odor removal. wondering whether it belongs to a smoke removal or heat/odor removal??

thank you.

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They don't. Roasters are vented much like a wood stove.

If you have a sprinkler system directly over the roaster, it is not a bad idea to have a hood installed.  There is heat radiating from the roaster after it has been running for an extended period of time & dark roasts could produce a lot of smoke when you dump the batch.  It would simply be a precaution though, not necessary.

IMO, type one would be the best hood for your commercial space since you're gonna be roasting and smoke would be inevitable. 

Reply to Discussion


Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2023   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service