So I just got the Yama 25 cup cold brew tower for the shop I'm at! I made a small preliminary batch that tastes pretty awesome, but I'm wondering if anyone has come to find what general formulas are working to produce the best flavor and strength. If you have experience with these, you already know the instructions that come with the tower don't talk about optimum grind, and the water to coffee ratio they recommend doesn't make much sense to me. The batch I made was basically 50/50 water/ice and 2g coffee per 1oz. water. I used a medium (drip) grind, and it did seem to come out alright. I'll be tinkering away until I find what works the best, but I'd love to hear about anyone else's experience with one of these bad boys!

Views: 1871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Autumn
noticed you had no replies. I just posted a similar series if questions. Have you had any new insights you might share ?
Thanks
Dave
We have a have 25 cup slow brewer...not a yama....same concept. we use 210 grams of coffee....16oz of water to saturate the grounds then ice on the top for the slow concept. Grind is a couple notches up from fine....roughly 43 drips per minute......we just started ours...so far so good...still dialing it in..

This is why it is worth the 2 minutes to search for the answer to your question before creating an identical discussion. Since it's identical, I'll go ahead and remove the duplicate. Please conduct future discussion on this thread.

BTW, I've not used this method, but you might try some of the suggestions found here. Looks like a good Coffeed thread about halfway down the list.

David Campion said:

Hi Autumn
noticed you had no replies. I just posted a similar series if questions. Have you had any new insights you might share ?
Thanks
Dave

Hey Autumn

I had great results using 0.60lbs of a medium roast (drip grind), 3L of water (no ice) and about a 12hr target brew time.  I wanted a 'concentrated' coffee so when it was finished brewing, I would add a bit of water to the brew and serve.  It tastes much better that way, anyway!  I use a different Toddy now to keep up with the iced coffee demand, but the Yama sure does look nice!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service