I'm wondering what peoples' favorite drinks are? especially soy drinks =) I'm looking for new ideas to keep things interesting.

 

My favorite is a soy white mocha with almond and peppermint flavoring

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Favorite flavor? The many varied flavors of the unadulterated bean. Can you imagine a coffee tasting like blueberry pie, or a tropical fruit salad, or maplenut icecream or spiced toasted oatmeal or or or ? I'm not talking flavors from a bottle, the coffees themselves. Coffee, pure unaduterated coffee, can be a true culinary experience.

But it's ok, you're new to the world of coffee!

 

 

As much as I love pure coffee, I openly admit I am a sucker for French Vanilla (note it must be french!).  

 

Warm day?  I drink cold coffee mixed with some Fr. Van. ice cream.

 

Best thing ever that was just coffee?  SOE Guat. antigua over ice.  It tastes like sour apples on its own and I think I cried when I first had it.

Those sound amazing. I work for a more corporate coffee shop so we don't really get a whole lot of different coffee blends but I will definitely look out for some new ones to try. If you have any that you absolutely love, let me know =)

Mike McGinness said:

Favorite flavor? The many varied flavors of the unadulterated bean. Can you imagine a coffee tasting like blueberry pie, or a tropical fruit salad, or maplenut icecream or spiced toasted oatmeal or or or ? I'm not talking flavors from a bottle, the coffees themselves. Coffee, pure unaduterated coffee, can be a true culinary experience.

But it's ok, you're new to the world of coffee!

 

 

To protect my fragile ego and my coffee geek cred, let me say that I generally agree with Mr. McGuinness up there. However, I've had plenty of time to screw around with syrups and such, and everyone seems to really like this drink. It's great in the summer when you want something sweet and different.

 

I've always liked how caramel and soy compliment each other--they've both got a certain nuttiness. To begin, dose out the amount of soy milk you'd use for an iced latte, than add caramel--or whatever--syrup, to taste or as is appropriate for the size you're making. Stir until you've got flavored soy milk. Add ice. Now, pull your shots and pour them carefully on top. DON'T STIR, and drink with a straw. The drink will start out sweet, but taste more and more of espresso as you go. At the end, you're basically drinking a sort of iced americano.

 

Technically, it's an iced soy caramel latte macchiato, which I must admit is an incredibly obnoxious name. Again, it makes the purist in me cringe, but it's also, occasionally, delicious. Let me know what you think!

Matt I'm on the same page as you. I adore pure espresso and I can recognize and appreciate the different flavors in different blends and those brought out in different brewing processes. But, after being a barista for going on 5 years now, I still prefer a short double white chocolate breve. Its a sin and Coffee Jesus isn't impressed but what can you do :)

 

A soy drink you might enjoy

This is preferably in an 8 oz cup

heat up your mug using americano water

dump the water

coat the wet bottom of the cup with finely ground cinnamon

pull two shots over the cinnamon without stirring

steam about 1 tblspoon honey WITH your soy

pour

enjoy

:) Soy Sunshine.

 

 

 

 

 

Matt Roney said:

To protect my fragile ego and my coffee geek cred, let me say that I generally agree with Mr. McGuinness up there. However, I've had plenty of time to screw around with syrups and such, and everyone seems to really like this drink. It's great in the summer when you want something sweet and different.

 

I've always liked how caramel and soy compliment each other--they've both got a certain nuttiness. To begin, dose out the amount of soy milk you'd use for an iced latte, than add caramel--or whatever--syrup, to taste or as is appropriate for the size you're making. Stir until you've got flavored soy milk. Add ice. Now, pull your shots and pour them carefully on top. DON'T STIR, and drink with a straw. The drink will start out sweet, but taste more and more of espresso as you go. At the end, you're basically drinking a sort of iced americano.

 

Technically, it's an iced soy caramel latte macchiato, which I must admit is an incredibly obnoxious name. Again, it makes the purist in me cringe, but it's also, occasionally, delicious. Let me know what you think!

dirty white chocolate soy chai.

or

8 oz glass, dash of nutmeg, nice short double, ice, soy steamed to 100 degrees. in that order.

yummm

Greg Hill said:

dirty white chocolate soy chai.

or

8 oz glass, dash of nutmeg, nice short double, ice, soy steamed to 100 degrees. in that order.

demitasse with a nice espresso or ristretto...

 

I think an affogato is about as outlandish as I get.

My absolute favorite drink is a double shot white chocolate espresso con panna. It is a fantastic medium if you want a strong espresso drink but like the sugary stuff.  The best of both worlds.  Another is a Soy Caramel Macchiato.  Hope this helps!

I do this for a bud of mine, who is a huge Danzig fan. Its called 'Dirty Black Summer'.

- 1 tbsp dark choco powder ; i typically use 88% ghiradelli
- 1 tsp muscavado sugar
- 2 oz h2o, hot, to melt that stuff
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (100,000 btu shit)
- double shot of a heavier bodied espresso (most Brazils work)
All that in a martini shaker, shake it. 
Pour over 4 oz soy, with 400ml ice. 
Tastes like a spicy coffee flavored Yoohoo. 
I do this for a bud of mine, who is a huge Danzig fan. Its called 'Dirty Black Summer'.

- 1 tbsp dark choco powder ; i typically use 88% ghiradelli
- 1 tsp muscavado sugar
- 2 oz h2o, hot, to melt that stuff
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (100,000 btu shit)
- double shot of a heavier bodied espresso (most Brazils work)
All that in a martini shaker, shake it. 
Pour over 4 oz soy, with 400ml ice. 
Tastes like a spicy coffee flavored Yoohoo. 
I'm also a sucker for flavors.  I love combining citrus flavors with chocolate, especially orange. Raspberry and caramel also work well together.  Usually, if I'm feeling like it's not the day for an espresso macchiato, I'll make myself a mocha, because it's not too sweet.  But I do love playing around with flavors.  A coworker has told me that vanilla and orange are the best together, apparently they taste like a creamsickle.  I've never tried it though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2020   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service