What is your most personally lusted after espresso machine??

Just as the above title states. If you could have any espresso machine for yourself right now, which one would it be and why.

Below is the one I've had my eye on for a couple months now...

^that's a refurbished 1950's Conti Empress lever from Orphan Espresso. Almost every day I visit their site just to ogle over it one more time, and to see if anyone's bought it yet.
Personally I think their asking price is a bit extreme, even after it was dropped a whole thousand bucks. If it were a Faema Mercurio from the same time period then yeah, I think it could definitely fetch what their asking... hey maybe even then some. Btw I predict that it'll end up selling for just shy of two grand.

Vintage levers FTMFW baby!

Views: 6259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Phoebe,
is the foot pedal on the Mirage for milk steaming?
Joseph

Phoebe Aceto said:

I luckily have my dream machine! It's so classy and rocks The Shops socks off! I made a minor modification, replaced 1 steam wand with a Mirage wand for smoother milk texture. Each grouphead has its own heat restricter so I can lower/raise temp for a guest espresso or single origin shots. I have had the pleasure to work on 2 and 3 group Mirage lever machines, no Speedster yet! The thing I miss most about working on a Mirage is the foot pedal, love it!!miss it!!
I think so. I believe Synesso employs a similar setup on some of their machines as well.
Very Cool, I used to run a backhoe, I think I could learn to drive one of these with my feet.
Joseph

Jeff Jaworski said:
I think so. I believe Synesso employs a similar setup on some of their machines as well.
Yes, both the Mirage and Synesso have a hook-up for a steam wand foot pedal, believe me, it is like a dream! Go Go Gadjet steam wand!!

Joseph Robertson said:
Phoebe,
is the foot pedal on the Mirage for milk steaming?
Joseph

Phoebe Aceto said:

I luckily have my dream machine! It's so classy and rocks The Shops socks off! I made a minor modification, replaced 1 steam wand with a Mirage wand for smoother milk texture. Each grouphead has its own heat restricter so I can lower/raise temp for a guest espresso or single origin shots. I have had the pleasure to work on 2 and 3 group Mirage lever machines, no Speedster yet! The thing I miss most about working on a Mirage is the foot pedal, love it!!miss it!!
I got an awesome deal from Gimme! on the FAEMA, it was perfect timing too, it had just been taken off Gimme!Coffees training bar in nyc right when I was choosing my machine. It was meant to be mine!

Jeff Jaworski said:
Faema Legend is awesome!! I'm really glad you brought that one up. The single group version has always been one of my most lusted after machines! Unfortunately for me though its price tag, to put it *lightly*, is uber steep(as in nearly six grand $$$).

starbucks Barista home machine.
Attachments:
SAAHHWWWWEEEEETTTT!!!

J.P. Oughtred said:

Jeff Jaworski said:
SAAHHWWWWEEEEETTTT!!!

J.P. Oughtred said:
Ok JP, what is your second most lusted after machine. ;)))))

J.P. Oughtred said:
I have a slayer if my starbucks machine goes down.

Joseph Robertson said:
Ok JP, what is your second most lusted after machine. ;)))))

J.P. Oughtred said:
:shrugs: Kind of liked the *bux Barista better...
GS2. Western Maple side panels......But I DO LOVE my old Linea!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2021   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service